League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Issues/Ideas/Discussions

By Braindeadkidfromouterspace - League Admin
5/12/2022 10:53 am
  • Any issues an owner is having here is your venue.

• I still want any grievances towards a specific GM to be sent in a private message to me directly.

• Anything more general, any ideas that the league can benefit from, drop em here.

• As always lets keep it respectful, and lets keep this discussion to league members only please.

Re: Issues/Ideas/Discussions

By Bruno77
    5/12/2022 10:59 am
    I'm honestly fine with creating rules for spam zone. I don't know what a solution would look like but know that I, probably the biggest abuser of Flat Zone in this league, am in full support of any rules you wish to implement to limit it.

I really don't care if it causes me to lose or not I just don't want people to get frustrated by a bad quirk in the game that takes the fun out of it.
    Last edited at 5/12/2022 10:59 am

5/12/2022 11:02 am
    Yeah see that's the thing with this game. We're all constantly searching/gameplanning/striving to find something that works. When I find something that works, I try to implement it as much as possible. I get it.

Here's what I'm proposing even though I hate having to make league rules:

A. Man OLB Flat Zone cannot be a teams only defensive play
    B. Every team must have at least 12 defensive plays selected in their playbook (and used)
    C. MLB Flat Zone cannot be called more than 40% of the time in any given game, and cumulatively.

Discuss
    Last edited at 5/12/2022 11:40 am

By Bruno77
    5/12/2022 11:07 am
    Apart from that it's OLB not MLB, I'd probably change to 10, maybe 15 plays tops.

By Blondie1977
    5/12/2022 11:16 am
    I'm with Bruno, 20 plays min seems high for most owners. I'd suggest 10-15 also. This would get rid of the issue and create more equity for newer owners who are not up on the quirks and nerfs.

5/12/2022 11:40 am
    Any more ideas. Now's the time.

5/13/2022 10:42 am
    I’m surprised there’s nobody arguing against this

By Shark1720
    5/13/2022 11:29 am
    If we do have to cap flat zone can we do it next season? I don't wanna hire a a whole new staff mid season and i get people don't like flat zone but to be fair there is data on what plays. Crush it. Just look at the posts in the big data league

By Blondie1977
    5/13/2022 11:31 am
    Shark1720 wrote:
    If we do have to cap flat zone can we do it next season? I don't wanna hire a a whole new staff mid season and i get people don't like flat zone but to be fair there is data on what plays. Crush it. Just look at the posts in the big data league

Not everyone has time to look through pages and pages of forums.

By Shark1720
    5/13/2022 11:33 am
    True but he did post links. To pull up all play data you can easily find plays effective against flat zone