League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

FROM JDB - Missing Commissioner

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
5/22/2023 1:45 pm
Hello Major League Football - it seems as though the league commisioner has not logged in for 30 days. Being a full league, I wanted to let all the team owners know the official policy for handling an owner that has been missing.

When an owner has been missing for at least 30 days - this means that their 'last login' is at least 30 days ago - the team owners in the league may discuss among themselves who would be a good candidate to take over the management responsibilities. The ultimate goal is for one or more owners to be willing to step forward to take the management.

If a single owner has stepped forward, a poll must me created in the General Discussion forum with 'yes' or 'no' to that owner taking the role as commissioner.

If multiple owners have stepped forward, a poll must be created that allows the team owners to vote among the owner list.

After 1 week, the results of the poll will stand as long as the original league owner has not logged in in the meantime. Someone from the league should reach out to me by PM with a link to the poll. At that time, I will move the league ownership to the appropriate team owner.

If at any time the original league owner returns and requests ownership of the league back, they will receive it with no additional requirements.

PM me if anyone has any questions; otherwise, feel free to use this thread to discuss a potential replacement.

Re: FROM JDB - Missing Commissioner

By Pernbronze
5/22/2023 3:00 pm
Being that the commissioner is fully inactive can you remove the commissioner approval requirement temporarily until a new commissioner is appointed to allow owners to fill in empty teams before and during free agency and the draft which are the most crucial team building points?

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
5/22/2023 3:07 pm
Pernbronze wrote:
Being that the commissioner is fully inactive can you remove the commissioner approval requirement temporarily until a new commissioner is appointed to allow owners to fill in empty teams before and during free agency and the draft which are the most crucial team building points?

Yes, I can do that.

By Pernbronze
5/23/2023 3:39 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
Pernbronze wrote:

Yes, I can do that.

Thank you very much

By Gustoon
5/26/2023 5:30 am
Of this league dies I have another league looking for new owners https://victory.myfootballnow.com/
Currently 7 needed. I own it so you know I’m always active.
Zero cap hits on all teams