League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Oops

By Pernbronze
6/24/2022 12:36 am
Forgot to resign my players, thought I did but apparently not. Must have got leagues mixed up.

Re: Oops

By Blondie1977
6/24/2022 6:47 am
This has happened to me before when I had like 8 leagues going. Now I try and keep it below 4-5.

That also explains why this free agency crop is surprisingly good.
Last edited at 6/24/2022 6:47 am

By Bruno77
6/24/2022 7:10 am
You're not the only one who forgot (not referring to myself)

By Bruno77
6/24/2022 8:32 am
I've seen this movie play out before (Football with Zappafrank), so I'm leaving the league before it gets top heavy for a while.

I'll have to test my beta gameplan elsewhere :(

Best of luck to you all.
Last edited at 6/24/2022 8:33 am

By Blondie1977
6/24/2022 8:35 am
Bruno77 wrote:
so I'm leaving the league before it gets top heavy for a while.

I don't really think there's any worry of that...

By Bruno77
6/24/2022 8:40 am
I'm going off of my prior experience I guess. This amount of great free agents after year 2 doesn't seem healthy to me.

I hope they are at least evenly distributed but I highly doubt that will be the case.

By Blondie1977
6/24/2022 8:41 am
Bruno77 wrote:
I'm going off of my prior experience I guess. This amount of great free agents after year 2 doesn't seem healthy to me.

I hope they are at least evenly distributed but I highly doubt that will be the case.

It's possible. We'll see what happens.

By Braindeadkidfromouterspace - League Admin
6/24/2022 11:20 am
The league is gonna be fine. I've forgotten to re-sign players before, and it's worked for the better. These are solid GMs and I don't believe this league will ever be too top heavy. Whatever

By Pernbronze
6/24/2022 11:54 am
In order for it to get top heavy the main prerequisite is that there is a lack of gms to sign players rather than just a big fan class. 4 things play into that. 1 If you bid enough to get a lot of high end talent you are going to be in salary cap ****. 2 There's plenty of people out there trying to get these players so it's unlikely a few hoard them all. 3 these were mostly the upper mid to trash players, there's only a half dozen great players. This is normal after allocation it's just the year most contracts are up. While it will make a few teams cellar dwellers, that's generally true at any given time in any league. I don't foresee it causing any team to be top heavy, though obviously we won't know for sure until the first spin rolls. As for me personally, I'm not leaving the league and shouldn't have to much trouble fielding at least semi competitive team given the salary cap my goof freed up.
Last edited at 6/24/2022 11:55 am

By Blondie1977
6/25/2022 10:14 am
Braindeadkidfromouterspace wrote:
The league is gonna be fine. I've forgotten to re-sign players before, and it's worked for the better. These are solid GMs and I don't believe this league will ever be too top heavy. Whatever

Agreed. Who the heck even has enough cap space to sign all of them? I casted a wide net (some below market offers; some above) in the first week of free agency and landed 3 out of 15 of my offers.